Steam Play Special : Romans Go Home
The only topic this week is STEAM PLAY because its the only news Hex cares about :) - Windows games on Linux via steam, one click wine is here! - Hex is joined my both Ouou, ArchToasty & Coda, we discuss and debate what it all means! (also, we learn what the number XV is)
This is the only topic we need for this week! - work down the list in order, try not to get distracted. when we reach the end we do the open discussions.
- Wine with esync patches
- Some wine passthrough magic
- “Fullscreen support has been improved: fullscreen games will be seamlessly stretched to the desired display without interfering with the native monitor resolution or requiring the use of a virtual desktop.”
- Reported on by FORBES
- Official statement from code weavers - They were in on it!
- Icculus says it all!
- shipped with DEBUG mode enabled on DXVK, now resolved
- Reddit community made a ‘test list’
- Reddit /r/SteamPlay has a wiki
- Tip: Steam-play winecfg use - WINEPREFIX=/path/to/steamapps/compatdata/gameid/pfx/ winecfg
- Tip: Python 2.7 is required to use Proton
- Tip: SteamOS has no steamplay options, to work around exit to desktop mode, sudo -i -u steam, pkill steam, reload enable options, restart.