Eggroll And Wine
This week Hex got to talk with Glorious Eggroll about Wine, DXVK, Proton, FNA-Faudio and a bunch of other things. Eggroll is smart and Hex is a simple gamer, I think he learned a lot about the way that Wine works and everyone had a nice time. Please enjoy this extra long .XPenguin…
Now have DOTS thing! dots.xpenguin.club
- Warframe on Steam Play Wine/DXVK
- Path of Exile Wine/DXVK
The Not News!
- Life is Strange, Before the Storm coming to linux SOON
- We Happy Few still coming to Linux
- Athenaeum, itsa thing
- Vulkan extension to add stream output support
- Details: The purpose of the stream-output stage is to continuously output (or stream) vertex data from the geometry-shader stage (or the vertex-shader stage if the geometry-shader stage is inactive) to one or more buffers in memory. The problem is there is no current way to translate this behavior from Direct X 11 to Vulkan. Diagram of stages
- Eggroll’s mastodon gripes:
- As a long time bird site user who is new to Mastodon, I love the idea behind the platform, and I want it to succeed. That being said, I have a few problems I’d like to address:
- Let me quote a tweet with my own response. Currently it’s only restricted to retweeting
- Can we not use a default layout that looks like tweet deck? it’s a jarbled mess. give me just my home feed with tabs or a navbar for the others. Also make the home feed take up a larger portion of the page. Reading a tiny column is awful.
- Let me see my own info somewhere besides another column. i dont need a whole column,just a small area that shows it. This way I can decide if i want to change it while I’m browsing.
- WHO. TO. FOLLOW. Let me see suggested people to follow based on people I’m already following. This will help the platform grow tremendously
- TRENDING HASHTAGS. Give me an area that shows trending hashtags. This is how people communicate on a hot topic. They see a topic brewing, they want to join in.